02 October 2006

What I Learned This Weekend: Birthday Edition

They say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you
- Beatles

  • I am old enough that when the guy in the wine shop asks for my ID it's to verify my credit card, not to check if I am legal.
  • I am wise enough to know not to take that 'birthday shot' of whiskey.
  • However, I am not so wise that I don't stay out dancing until 3.30 am.
  • And you are NEVER too old to party for almost a week straight. Only the strong survive.
  • Guilty Pleasures are really the best kind.
  • I am getting bold in my old age.
  • I got a lotta peeps all over the world and I am well loved. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for the e-cards, the presents, the well wishing and the hugs. I loved them all.

Finally, the most important lesson that I learned this weekend:

Thirty is f*cking fabulous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Reckless, now you is been in the England for so long, it's ok to call the wine shop, "the offy." Please proceed. Best Wishes, Dick van Dyke