27 September 2006

On THIS day in History...

I was born at Alta Bates hospital in Berkeley, California.
My mother was the ripe old age of 26.
My father was the ripe old age of 28.
My parents were celebrating their 2 year wedding anniversary (what a great way to spend the day, eh?)
My brother was non-existent for another 2 years.

Oh, and in 1066 William the Conqueror invaded England.

Go figure.

In honor of my 30th Birthday TODAY, the Top 25 songs of 1976. The ones I am especially proud of are in bold colour...

Billboard Top 100 - 1976
01. Silly Love Songs » Wings

02. Don't Go Breaking My Heart » Elton John & Kiki Dee
03. Diso Lady » Johnnie Taylor
04. December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night) » Four Seasons
05. Play That Funky Music » Wild Cherry
06. Kiss And Say Goodbye » Manhattans
07. Love Machine (Part 1) » The Miracles
08. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover » Paul Simon
09. Love Is Alive » Gary Wright
10. A Fifth Of Beethoven » Walter Murphy & The Big Apple Band
11. Sara Smile » Daryl Hall & John Oates
12. Afternoon Delight » Starland Vocal Band
13. I Write The Songs » Barry Manilow

14. Fly, Robin, Fly » Silver Convention
15. Love Hangover » Diana Ross
16. Get Closer » Seals & Crofts
17. More, More, More » Andrea True Connection
18. Bohemian Rhapsody » Queen
19. Misty Blue » Dorothy Moore
20. Boogie Fever » Sylvers
21. I'd Really Love To See You Tonight » England Dan & John Ford Coley
22. You Sexy Thing » Hot Chocolate
23. Love Hurts » Nazareth
24. Get Up And Boogie » Silver Convention
25. Take It To The Limit » Eagles

6 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Wow what a great year for music.
"Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite." Indeed.

Anonymous said...

I'd just finished listening to Afternoon Delight as I clicked here, what are the chances! (Ok, pretty good chance as it's a regular on the playlist). I agree, great year for music.

Happy Birthday Katie, welcome to the Thirtysomethings, you've love it! Hope the celebrations are off to a flying start.

Anonymous said...

You forgot Muskrat Love. You used to fall asleep to it. Happy Birthday, Kate!
Your Own Personal Mom

Anonymous said...

brilliant list. have a great bday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Ms Recken!! Us 1976's are them bestest in the wooorld! May your 30th year bring as much excitement and happiness as mine has! Big smooches! (until we get there to give you real ones!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby! Hope you had a phenomenal day.