A few things I learned:
- Paris is a good time even when you work an 80 hour work week (including the 4th o' July, Saturday and Sunday).
- Fois Gras makes everything better...and wine makes everything better than fois gras.
- Flying 12 hours with a hangover is the single best and worst way to travel. The whole "I can't sleep on a plane" issue really becomes a non-issue. However, the whole "need to stand in a 45 minute line to get through passport control" issue really is much more difficult than you could have ever previously imagined.
- The Foo Fighters ROCK...I mean serioulsy. They rock.
- Even if it's sunny and warm in Paris and Seattle it can still be mind numbingly cold in Anchorage. Always bring a sweatshirt and coat. Even in JULY. You will need it.
- Driving an F-150 kinda suits me. Srsly. You really can't take the Alaska out of the girl.
- A day trip to Homer, Alaska is not all it's cracked up to be
- Baby moose and bald eagles are all they're cracked up to be.
- I have a deep seated fear of pretty much everyone shopping at the Safeway in Homer.
- Freaks and Geeks does live up to the hype. I am now joining the ranks of those who are very sad there were only 18 episodes. Pure television awesomeness.
That is all.