03 September 2007

Hey Hi Where Ya Been?

Who ya been with and what ya been doing?

Well, I have been living in the USA for almost 20 days now.

I saw my brother get married and have been invited to 2 more weddings in the next year. A friend's baby joined the world and I learned that 5 more babies are on the way from other married friends. I've got a car, a phone, a flat. I've visited my cat and seen the ReckenRoll family dog. I helped tear down a deck and briefly considered throwing it all away to become a carpenter. I've planned a wine tasting weekend in WallaWalla, my birthday weekend in Seattle, and bought my ticket home to Alaska for Thanksgiving. I cajoled MKinMotion into coming to visit, complained to CherryRide about Chicago hotels for my pending visit, and commiserated with Goonder about the price of her ticket to Australia with me. I hung out with my oldest and dearest friends and made some new friends at the bar on Saturday night after Bumbershoot. I've been hit on at least twice. Which is nice. Considering in London I never got hit on at all.

So yeah, it's been a busy 3 weeks.

Do I miss London? A little bit...but I am feeling pretty good about Seattle right now. Just don't tell me that there is no return ticket. My denial is pretty deep seated.

5 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I couldn't hear a damn thing you said in your voicemail messages to me!

Plus, I need your new phone number. I couldn't call you back because my phone is retarded and didn't record a record of you calling me.

Anonymous said...

The Rob and I are in London (BTW, Rob had to use industrial strength cleaner to disinfect your desk - I kid you not!) About to go out with The Jeff and The Suzanne and others for drinks tonight. Wish you were here.

What is your routing to AUS. Will we see you in SIN?

ReckenRoll said...

I am going to try to make a special trip to see my boys in Singapore. I am in Oz for a month. Should definitely be possible!

Anonymous said...

So, what happened with the guys hitting on you?

This being Seattle, you need to take the bull by the horns, so to speak. Men around these parts don't make "plans", they just "hang out".

Unknown said...

I think you need a new phone Cherry - we were screaming at the top of our voices as were thousands of other people around us - and yet you couldn't hear us???