25 September 2007

Australia

I'm going. Several of you have been. What's on my must see/do list? Here is what you need to know:
  • Arriving in Melbourne on 2 January, departing Melbourne on 29 January. I have just over 3.5 weeks.
  • I am probably going to stick to the East Coast but MAY fly out to Perth for a day or two to see the fabulous Hendersons.
  • Kjersti may join for part but am probably going to be traveling most of it alone - so anything that hooks me up with fellow travellers to hang out with and go to the pub with is good.
  • I am reading Trip Advisor like crazy. I have a copy of Lonely Planet. I got that covered.
  • I am not opposed to doing group tours. Active tours.
  • What are your thoughts on the big rock? I've read good things.

Please Advise.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You CAN'T just do Perth for a day or two - no!!!!! Yes Ayers Rock is very worthwhile; PLEASE make sure you spend enough time in Sydney not just Melbourne (growing up in Australia you learn to pick sides and I most definitely am a Sydney person not a Melbourne person). So many options!!!! Let me do some serious thinking now that I've made the case for Perth and Sydney...

ReckenRoll said...

Don't forget that I already did Perth once :)

Anonymous said...

Why are you staying in Melbourne so long?

I've been obsessed with the Gold Coast ever since Danni Minogue's character (Emma) on Home and Away left the series to "go and work as a promotions girl" there. Mmmm!

ReckenRoll said...

Melbourne is just the launching point - I am travelling away and returning but not staying.

Gold Coast - Check!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

We will discuss upon your arrival

5 of 9er said...

Do you ever stay in one place for more than a week? Are you a super hero or something?

ReckenRoll said...

FAME IS A STATE OF MIND 5er and Famous people don't sit in the same place all the time do they?

Plus I think I might have LDD. Location Deficiet Disorder.

Melody P.G. Henderson! said...

Perth and Melbourne are just great! Like Kate said, we tend to pick sides and I am a Melbourne sider when it comes to the two. We can't wait to see you! You will get to meet Eddie-V... Our new puppy!