07 September 2007

Friday's Top Five:

Well, if we're really getting back into the groove of things, it's best to do a top 5 list. Today I'm going to make it really easy on everyone. Top 5 words/phrases that I am just not going to let go of...no matter how much the 'Mericans tease me.
  1. Flat - Meaning Apartment
  2. Loo - Meaning Bathroom
  3. Dodgy - Meaning Dodgy
  4. Refurbishment - Meaning Remodeling.
  5. Lift - Meaning Elevator

Deal with it peeps. The vocab is sticking!
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well technically doesn't "loo" really just refer to the act of using the restroom, whereas "bathroom" is still a room you bathe in? I'm confused!!!!!!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

What about "bits," meaning all dirty parts of a person, male or female.

You know what my Irish buddies say when, let's say a big, fat woman bends over? "That wasn't the May West." Hilarious.

Hey, Reck, you need to go to this chick's page: http://blondeasabrunette.blogspot.com/

She's a london blogger who stumbled onto my page.

Melody P.G. Henderson! said...

Don't ever loose it Katie - Hold onto it tightly with both hands until your knuckles turn white!

5 of 9er said...

I sometimes say spendy and I don't live in Portland anymore. And I hate that word.