05 July 2007

What's Got 2 Thumbs and is Going to See Justin AND Live Earth?

.
THIS girl.

(Oddly enough, I am wearing that shirt today. In case you were wondering what I looked like today, it's that.)

Rosie managed to score us some sweet tickets to Justin tonight at the O2. This will be my third time seeing JT live (yes, I was a big Nsync fan - no, I am so NOT ashamed) and if it's anything like the previous occasions we should be in for a helluva good time. We'll be popping and locking to make Cherry proud. Hey, I may even throw in the Robot...just for kicks.

Fergie is opening. I have mixed feelings about Fergie. Mostly the feeling is, "Does she suck a little or suck a lot?" But then any girl who wears a tiara and bares midriff while confusing millions of Americans about what bridge they are looking at deserves to be hated.

Just a lil bit.

*please note TOWER BRIDGE in the background. Stupid ass.

But I digress. Justin alone would be enough to make my week alone. BUT...

My friend Brendan is visiting from the States this week and he managed to hook a sister up with tickets to Live Earth London. The line up is AMAZING: Madonna, Beastie Boys, Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters, Duran Duran, Black Eyed Peas, Metallica, Snow Patrol, Keane...it goes on and on. They announced the set list today. You can read it here and drool over my Saturday afternoon.
As Brendan said when he arrived today, it's all a bit surreal. Seattle has got a lot to live up to. How am I ever going to leave this place?

5 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Wow, I am really starting to dislike you now. Jealouscackes.

Although if you do the Pop n Lock or the Robot, my opinion may turn around.

Fergie should be tortured.

carolyn says said...

ugh fergie sucks a lot, except in old episodes of Kids Inc.

Anonymous said...

It took me 10 years to get over my bitterness about being in Seattle vs. one of the actually good cities in the world. But Seattle does have its advantages. Once I figure out what one of them is, I'll let you know. Going from London to Seattle reminds me of that scene in Brewster's Millions when Brewster spent all his money and was no longer rich. He had a certain sanctimonious contentment about him which is very much like the holier than thou attitude native Seattleites have towards outsiders...

But I digress.

JT rocks. I'm not ashamed to say that I love his work as well. The dude slept with Britney pre-meltdown AND Cameron Diaz. He is my hero. I'm not the tiniest bit jealous or "wish I was someone else" sort, but if I could trade places with JT, Tom Brady, or Tiger Woods, I would in a heartbeat :-)

I honestly have no idea who this Fergie chick is. I thought she was some Princess with an eating disorder, then someone told me, no, she was some famous rock star. Whatever.

ReckenRoll said...

Cherry - I will pop and lock like I never have before.

Carolyn - Totally agree. Stacy Ferguson = Good. Fergie = Lame.

Prashant - If I was a dude, I'd want to be JT too. So, we have that in common.

blythe said...

so very jealous.