30 July 2007

What I Learned This Weekend

  • The Scissor Sisters put on an AMAZING show. We SO felt like dancing...and we did, knee injury and all.
  • Suz has a much higher threshold for pain than previously understood.
  • The A&E (Accident & Emergency or ER to the Yanks) is seriously a LAST resort. Do not go if you don't have to.
  • Apparently in the UK, it's completely acceptable to ask a patient to wait for 4 hours just to SEE the doctor...even when there is only a few other people waiting.
  • Meaning of Loaf will always return your calls, even if you didn't mean to make them (whoops!)
  • It always takes longer to sort and clean for packing than you think it will and I own way more crap than I thought I did. Seriously, where does it all come from?
  • There is more dust in London than anywhere else in the world and most of it is/was residing in my flat.
  • Secretary is a weird twisted dark and brilliant movie. James Spader...wow. What a interesting career.
  • Garden State is probably in my Top 5 movies of all time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our health service is free, so I'm sure a little wait won't hurt. But you're right A&E is not a nice place to be.

BTW, Vienna is the dustiest place in the world.

Anonymous said...

Free, of course, is relative. A 50% marginal tax rate is hardly "free". I laugh when clueless Americans say they want the British or Canadian health care systems. There is a way to get universal coverage without breaking the bank or creating a government-controlled bureaucracy for people to contend with.

But I digress.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Much like Loaf, James Spader always returns my calls, but I have to tell him I'm Ducky from Pretty in Pink.

Loaf said...

That's because I'm a persistent little bugger :)

A&E sucks; unless you're bleeding on their nice clean floors, you're nothing more than an inconvenience for them!