24 July 2007

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

It is difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent.”
- Henry James


There is so much to love in London, so much to drive you crazy.
It breaks my heart to know I am leaving this terribly magnificent place.


So starting tomorrow on ReckenRoll we begin to say our good-byes the only way we know how, with a Top 5 List. However, there is too much in London to capture in just 5 so we're going to do 10. Ten things that will always hold a place in my heart and 10 things that make me wish daily for an easier life. We'll do one of each, each day for balance and to help me put a wrapper on the last 3 years. That will take us just up to the almost end...

3 comments:

carolyn says said...

this sounds like a really good idea, i am looking forward to your lists

Unknown said...

oh I feel your pain. This will be bittersweet - but a good read too.

Interesting to see what makes the cut... Just remember that I should be top of your "top London buddies I met while at a tradeshow in Vegas before I ever knew I was moving to London" list :)

Loaf said...

Looking forward to the lists, but not the leaving! Still so much of London you have to introduce us residents to!