20 July 2007

Fridays Top Five: The Roots Inspired Playlist

Saw The Roots play at Somerset House last night and in one word, they were AMAZING. Such talent and positive energy. I didn't know a single song but I sang along anyway and so did the rest of the crowd...I was so inspired that we followed ?uestLove to the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town to boogie to his dj set until the wee hours of morning. I am tired today, but it was SO WORTH IT. Cause let's face it, "I went home early and got a full nights rest" is a boring story.

So inspired by my not of Hip Hop I give you Friday's Top Five Playlist.
  1. The Next Movement - The Roots
  2. Can I Kick It? - Tribe Called Quest
  3. Rebirth of Slick - Digable Planets
  4. Break You Off - The Roots
  5. They Want Efx - Das Efx

Download and enjoy. Can I get a hellya?

2 comments: