08 November 2007

Australia Countdown has Begun!

Six weeks from today I will head home to Alaska for Christmas and after that, on 31 December, I will hop on a plane to Melbourne, Australia to spend a month communing with the dingos and the wallabees.

Goonder bought a ticket too and will spend 2 weeks with me. (Yaay!)

The count down to Oz has begun people. All free time will now be spent planning, researching and anticipating.

Please include any and all travel tips and must sees in the comment section.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel tip #1: Take Your Own Personal Mother with you.

5 of 9er said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5 of 9er said...

Wow... it will be so scray the day you spend one month at whatever city you are calling home.

Jealous. :)

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Just don't plan too much. I think one of the best aspects of my trip was that the only things set in stone were the days I arrived and the days I left. For example, you may like Sydney so much that you will want to stay longer. I ended up cancelling my trip to Cairns because I was having so much fun, and it was the best decision ever!

Kritkrat said...

Not really a tip, but a request. Give Alaska a big huge for me. Especially if you get to Juneau.

Anonymous said...

You should eat two family-sized packs of Tim Tams every day while you are there.

Free Floating said...

We so should have spoken about Aust. whilst you were in CHI...so many many great things...:) Maybe we should have a phone conversation about it!
-Rich

Unknown said...

TimTams - check
Vegemite - check
Promite - check
Shark repellent - check
Bluebottle repellent - check
Red back and funnel web spider avoidance kit - check
Sun cream (PLEASE!) - check

Prayers that the US dollar gets just a teensiest bit stronger so that your shopping potential with Aussie dollars isn't totally messed up - check

Feeling quite jealous. A month of sunshine. Sadcakes for me but massively happycakes for you!!!!.