27 September 2006

Was I Seeking Good or Just Seeking Attention?

One question haunts and hurts
Too much, too much to mention:
Was I really seeking good
Or just seeking attention?
Is that all good deeds are
When looked at with an ice-cold eye?
If that's all good deeds are
Maybe that's the reason why
- Elpheba

Saw Wicked last night and let me just say:

Me= BIG FAN.

I LOVED it. I mean, I really really loved it. "I-would-see-it-again-tonight-and-pay-for-better-seats" LOVED it. The show single-handedly renewed my faith in musicals as a form of theatre that I enjoy. Turns out I'm NOT jaded. I'm just hard to impress...and impressed I was.


The sets were fantastic, the staging was awesome, the costumes inspired and the talent was out of this world. The first 1/2 ended and I turned to Suzanne and said, "Oh my god" over the literal roar of the audience. She was mirrored my aproval with a nod and a, "dammn". We went and sat on the steps outside the theatre, sipping our champers and discussing what we liked best, excitedly talking over each other:

"That song!"
"Her voice!"
"The costumes!"
"Yes!!"

I was sad to be at intermission, that meant it was going to end soon.



I also now have a huge girl crush on Idina Menzel. That woman can SING, SING, SING. My god I was blown away. And she's pretty even when she's green! The Tony Award went to the very right person!

So if you are in London before January (when the cast will change) GO to Wicked. Go Go Go!
What a great way to jump into birthday week!

Oh, and tomorrow is the big day by the way. Until then I not 30, I'm 29.95.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, given that today is 364 days out of 365 days since your last birthday, you're closer to 30 than you think - you're technically 29.9972, not 29.95. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. But you could earn back minutes if we take account of how late in the day on the 28th you were born and the time difference from Alaska to the UK???

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the bearer of REALLY bad news, but you're about to begin living your 31st year on earth. You didn't turn 1 until you'd finished your 12th month of life. And what a darling, beautiful, 1 year of you were! You still are (darling and beautiful) as you turn 30. Enjoy every minute of it, dear. Happy Birthday to you and to me!
Your own personal mom

The [Cherry] Ride said...

And to be the bearer of EXTREMELY REALLY BAD news...

...just kidding I have nothing bad to say; I just wanted to keep the trend alive.

Since it will be your lunchtime before I even wak up, I want to wish you HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Asia *hearts* 30 year olds.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the fall delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=photomatix pro 3.0 beta 13 rc1 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg