15 September 2006

Overexposure?

I always feel like
Somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
Whooooa, oh-oh
- Rockwell

So we are one week in and I am really glad I made the jump from MSN Space to Blogger. I did lose some of the ease of use of MSN but overall my pages load faster, anyone can comment now and I feel a lot more in control of my space.

Planned updates still include:
  • I am hoping to add Flicker soon so I can share photos
  • I also need to update my world map - that one that's on here is from my MSN Space. I haven't fixed it yet.
  • Thinking if I have some down time on the Net I might go play around and look for some fun other things to add to my space...any suggestions on what those might be?

However, I will say that the one down side to all of this is that I am also feeling a bit exposed now. Anyone can find my space easily (the lovers and the haters) and after having my hand slapped earlier this week, I've noticed that it's causing me to censor myself in a way I never thought about on Spaces. Out here in the bright lights of the blogging world I feel like I need to keep the shades lowered just a bit. I've got to watch my sound bytes and stick to safe public topics - I can't jump on couches, have adorable alien babies, or wear white after Labour Day without ridicule now. The fans are EVERYWHERE and they are judging me. Ack!

...

Eh, maybe it's just the paranoia of fame kicking in.

Speaking of fame - who else here LOVES Entourage? They are finally showing the first season in the great UK and I watched my first 2 episodes last night. LOVES IT. Loves it. Loves it. I am once again annoyed that all you USA peeps get to be on Season 2 and I am just now discovering it.

I'm getting dizzy. I feel a DVD purchase coming on...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're settling into your new home, you've got the place looking good and we'll be sure to take off our shoes before walking mud everywhere.

Censorship? Surely not! Come on, give us both barrels!

Not heard of Entourage before, but the IMDB summary sounds good, when & where is it on? I know the pain of being behind the US, dread to think how long we'll have to wait for season three of Lost over here.

ReckenRoll said...

It's on IT2. Last night (Thursday) they showed 2 episodes back to back but I think new episodes are on Sundays!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I'm dying to know what the hand slap was for - email me!

As far as other sites go, I'm about to start a hunt myself. I'll let you know what I find.

Miss H. said...

I love Entourage. I'm with Vince, no doubt about it. I've noticed the ads plastered around the tube stations. I'm lucky, I've got a wonderful boyfriend that has given to me the gift of all the Entourage Seasons. I've watched 1-3 (the US is on Season 3, right now). Keep watching it, it gets EVEN better and MORE addicting. I love ARI GOLD. "Let's HUG IT OUT"

Anonymous said...

Hand slap???

Entourage is the single greatest television show. I can't yet figure out if I'm Ari or Vince.

Hug it out, indeed.