05 February 2007

What I Learned this Weekend

  • Even with the best intentions, we will not make butternut squash soup.
  • Even with the best intentions, I will not go running on the weekend.
  • However, I will walk from my house to Oxford Street. It take about 50 minutes if you hurry.
  • Dreamgirls is a FULL ON musical...and sometimes it's an awkward musical. It's not just a movie with great music performances.
  • People applaud Jennifer Hudson even in London.
  • No matter how old you are, the Science & History Museum is always going to be a fun time. Simulated earthquakes are cool.
  • Lauren has never been in an eathquake.

4 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I've never experienced a simulated earthquake (only real ones)... I guess I need to go to better museums.

Anonymous said...

Whole Foods has a yummy pre-made Butternut Squash soup. DEEELICIOUS.

Is everyone in London excited that American footall is coming ashore next season? I apologize in advance for sending the Dolphins and Giants, but just like in WW2 when we had to bail their asses out, we're coming to rescue you from boring soccer. We're not sending our best, but we are sending our twentieth-best, and that counts for something.

It's all part of our "special relationship"

Come Back Brighter said...

I love museums. I can be such a geek sometimes.

And I don't think I've ever been in an earthquake, either. There was one when I was living in Derby several years back, but I think I was out of town that weekend.

Matt said...

So you're saying it isn't Moulin Rouge?