06 November 2006

Ring a Ding Ding

Today I have a constant ringing in my ears.

This morning one ear wouldn't pop and now it is popped but the ringing started. And it's going and going. I feel like I just left a rock concert that I only half listened to.

Oh my god the ringing.
It's making me a bit crazy and giving me a headache.

Being the internet savvy girl that I am I did a little self-diagnosis. Turns out I had a problem with fluid in my Eustachian tube - the tube finally drained at lunch and now I have the ringing. This may or may not be the sign of an ear infection.

I haven't had an ear infection since I was, what?, 4 years old? What grown up gets an ear infection?

Oh, and did I mention the ringing is driving me CRAZY?!?

5 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I have a low, bearly-perceptible ringing in my right ear all the time. Seriously I'm not kidding. Every day of my life for at least the last 10 years.

But then again, I am going deaf.

And insane.

Anonymous said...

That's what happens on the other side of 30. Things stop working properly. Drink more wine and treat yourself to some nice food from M&S and ignore it.

Anonymous said...

You never had an ear infection until you were 5, but it was a doozy! Can't remember many after that. Think maybe you should get it checked out if the ringing doesn't stop soon. Maybe it's all the iPod listening you do. Turn it down!
Your Own Personal Mom

Anonymous said...

busted

darci ann said...

after studying the ear last term, my completely unqualified advice ---> take your temperature. if you're a bit high, you likely have an ear infection. Heat to the ear could help a bit. If you've got fluid build up or something, you can also do some jaw shifting forward and backward and that can help. shift - hold - feel draining. :) remember free advice is often worth what you paid for it ;-) but i'm in study mode, so there you go.