08 November 2006

Election Day

It was a truly beautiful thing this morning to wake up to my morning news and hear that America is back on track.

1) Britney is finally K-Fed up
2) Americans are finally K-Fed up with Bush (record numbers!)

Believe it or not both of these news items are running in newspapers, radio news and BBC 24 hour with equal air time.

I'll admit, I'm pleased as punch with both results and will sleep well tonight knowing that all is right with the world. I'll admit that I didn't bother to vote this time around - after the last election I was feeling a bit disillusioned - but YOU, the AMERICAN PEOPLE, have given me hope.

And you, Britney Spears, you have also given me hope. My favourite quote about the divorce so far? "When asked why the Earth suddenly feels like it's spinning faster, scientists said it was because Kevin Federline just fell off the face of it."

Ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hear hear! Hopefully both these pieces of wonderful news will put an end to airtime dedicated to arrogant, annoying, opinionated, complacent [insert word of your choice:] politicians/wannabe rap artists.

Go Britney!!! oh and go America too :)

Anonymous said...

As a child of mine, it is NEVER acceptable not to vote. I don't care where in the world you might be at during elections. Please file that away in your LONG term memory, dear. To the point, as of this morning, the old guard Republican machine is alive and well in Alaska. Goodbye public education.

Your Own Personal Mother, the Public School Principal and Proud of It

Anonymous said...

Your mother is always right. Voting isn't a right, it's a responsibility. I cherish the moment each time I write my own name in for Congress and punch the names next to those who I believe in.

Someday soon, someone will come about that makes us want to vote (Paging Mr. Obama. Mr. Obama, please call Mr. Your Destiny). Until that day arrives, we are still obligated to push levers for the lessers of two evils.

darci ann said...

between the house, the senate, rumsfeld and britney -- you're right it was a historic day on this side of the pond. we miss you... come home soon.