14 November 2006

Random Tidbits

  • I don't like being sick.
  • Whistler is opening early this year. In 4 days to be exact. I never get more homesick than when I hear that Whistler is opening.
  • The Jack the Ripper tour kinda sucked. Our guide was extremely random. She took us to the sites all out of order and then kept messing up the story and the names. She also kept laughing, like the story of Jack the Ripper was so amusing, and then had to keep stopping mid-story and backing up to tell up points she forgot to mention earlier. I left more confused then before I arrived. Nothing is worse than a non-linear storyteller when the story is meant to be told in a linear way.
  • The Lord Mayor Show is a bit of random London life that I am so glad I can now say I have seen. It's good to know that London is not all big city all the time. It reminded me of a small town parade on a big city street. No floats. No fancy presentations. Just a lot of civically minded organizations and a parade route. We saw plumbers, we saw cab drivers, we saw electricians, and ambulance drivers, and workers from an autism school...along with the Lord Mayor and all the military bands you could find. It was random, and laughable, and kinda wonderful in a way that only completely random things can be.
  • While I do like "The Toilet of Venus," I am not a big fan of Velazquez. I am a fan of Hockney. Specifically his photo collages. They are amazing. If you have a chance to get down to the National Portrait Gallery before the exhibit closes, I suggest you go. It's totally worth the £9.
  • I have discovered the band Gomez. Katie likey.
  • I am completely addicted to Veronica Mars. Yes, it's on the CW in the States (I only recently learned what the CW is!) but I now own Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. If I put one in, I have to watch the whole disc. I can't watch just one episode. It's cause I am in love with the character Logan. In luuuuurve with him (and yes, it's the character, not necessarily the actor)...like I might ffwd just to see his scenes. It's ridiculous. I blame Suzanne. She's the enabler who gave me my first taste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess Brookes and I went to the Lord Mayor's parade a few years ago while I was on my STA in London. We climbed up and sat on a building ledge with a bunch of random people and watched over someone else's kids (so they could be up high & see).
It is one of my favorite memories of that trip to London. Such a spectacle - loved the pomp & circumstance and the history of the event!
Jamey

Anonymous said...

what's the CW????? I need to find this station and set it up to record!!!!!! I like Veronica Mars too!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I too blame Suzanne.