22 October 2007

What I Learned This Weekend

  • Seattle weather will never fail to surprise me. From hail to sunshine to torrential downpour in less than 30 minutes.
  • A Husky can keep up for a while but eventually a running Duck will beat it. Go figure.
  • Never ever ever ever ever put one of those "W" decals on your face...unless you want to look like you were involved in a skateboarding accident for several days following.
  • Josh Ritter is awesome. You should all be listening. Seriously. Do it. Now.
  • The Showbox is a really good venue. Perfect size. Good acoustics.
  • Pike Brewery is a good place to go before the Showbox because it's across the street with good beers, food and you just might run into Josh Ritter and shake his hand.
  • A scarily disportionate amount of MK's conversation revolves around Seth Rogan, Superbad, and Freaks & Geeks.
  • Being sick on a long weekend is no fun but MK is a champ.

7 comments:

5 of 9er said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Josh Ritter. Good call. I like the Animal Years a little bit more than the new one... but all of his recordings make me happy.

Anonymous said...

Who is Josh Ritter? Isn't he the guy Mr. Furley thought was gay? Is he like Dane Cook? Someone famous who doesn't actually exist?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I think I'd like Seattle. I love the rain. It's raining now. It makes me want to put on an Alice N' Chains record and shoot a bunch of heroin.

Loaf said...

Never heard of Josh Ritter before, but what I'm hearing so far is pretty good! If the next few tracks are as good, he may have a convert.

ReckenRoll said...

5er - the BFF train continues.

Prashant - you are thinking of John Ritter. Brilliant physical comedian, not so sure about his singer/songwriter abilities.

Dr. Kenn - black tar. only way to go.

Loaf - You are a convert. I have done my job. Life is good.

Kritkrat said...

Freaks & Geeks!! I loved that show! Good call, MK, good call.

Anonymous said...

showbox - good stuff. I have J5 and the Roots under my belt in that venue and both were in my top 10 concerts :).

Did you get the BBQ chicken nachos at the Pike? I miss them :(