02 October 2007

America is Making Me Fat

You know, I thought I would be able to handle it. The cutting back of walking everywhere would be replaced by regular runs and long walks to get a healthy lunch far away. The cutting back on trips to the pub would help balance out the lack of movement as I sat in my car in traffic.

Yeah, right.

This office is a virtual mine field of calories. I can name at least 2 candy drawers overflowing with the sweet stuff, 3 known bowls of gummi bears, peanut M&Ms, and a bag of misc crackers, cookies and other snackables. Not to mention the receptionist candy dish, the bag of Ruffles out for sharing and the fact that there seems to be leftover pizza and/or cookies in the kitchen EVERYDAY. I knew I wasn't making the best decision every time I got up to wander over for a visit and a snack until...

I stepped on the scale yesterday (after finally finding the scale in all my boxes that are still being unpacked - I have a LOT of crap) and since 1 August I've gained FIVE POUNDS. FIVE POUNDS IN TWO MONTHS!! Not even pregnant ladies gain weight this quickly. I admit, I had noticed my jeans were a bit tighter lately but like any normal female, I was blaming that on the dryer. I told this to Goonder and she immediately dismissed it. "What are you talking about? It doesn't show. You look great."

This helped a little.
The fact that it's officially bulky sweater season in the northwest also helps a little.
Ugh. I can't type about this any more. I have to go investigate gym memberships now.

4 comments:

5 of 9er said...

It's the Northwest... don't you mean it's bulky polar fleece season?
Make sure to wear your wool socks with you sandles.

Anonymous said...

Gym memberships are great, but you've got to use them. Try the "Just say no" policy. It doesn't work as a drug education program for adolescents, but it's great for diets. Wear those tight jeans as a reminder, every chance you get, and the LAST thing you should do is wear polar fleece and baggy sweaters. They look horrible, and will only make it easier to ignore your goal.

By the way, pregnant wormen are not doing the job justice if they only gain 5 lbs. in 2 months. Try 3 weeks.

Trust me dear. I'm the voice of experience (on both subjects),

Anonymous said...

Hang on I thought you were doing Will's freaky lemon/pepper diet with the Kate?

Anyway, I can totally sympathise with you caving into temptation.

By now I thought I'd be over the fact that McDonald's does home delivery 24/7. 8 pounds and 200 double cheeseburger meals later, well... you get the picture!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I'm a good 10 pounds heavier than when you saw me last, dear. You will be in good company with me this weekend.