01 May 2007

I Dream of Billy Elliot

Q: How do you know your not in the West End?
A: Audience gives a standing ovation.


I saw Billy Elliot with Suz last night. It was good. It delivered exactly what it promised and definitely entertaining. There was a lot of energy on the stage and we all left with smiles on our faces. Suz and I decided we need more standing ovations in our daily work. How great would that be? At the end of the day, you leave your desk and people stand up and applaud. "GREAT JOB LEADING THAT MEETING TODAY RECKEN!" "WHOO HOO!!"


I had dreams about dancing ballet last night. It was a good night of sleep - good times as far as dreams go - at least there wasn't a computer or a boss involved. I'd like to thank Billy and the cast at the Victoria Theater.


So anyway, Suz and I are at the show last night, checking out the swag they sell: Billy Elliot soundtrack! Billy Elliot t-shirts! Bill Elliot Key Chains! Billy Elliot pajamas! Autographed poster size photo of Billy Elliot's head shot!...Wait what?


They sell a poster sized blow up photo, autographed in ink, of the kid playing Billy Elliot. Which at first glance didn't raise much concern but then lead to our interval discussion of why they would sell this and who would buy it? Think about it.


Who buys a poster of an 11 year old boy (besides 11 year old girls) without revealing a big gaping window into your sexual perversion? Maybe it's a sting operation?

3 comments:

JulieGong said...

I love everything about Billy Elliot. That is except the huge poster...

Alannah said...

I still can't get over the Billy Elliot pajamas.

ReckenRoll said...

I am taking requests ladies. Easy enough to pop back down to the theatre and pick up paedophile pjs...