21 April 2008

What I Learned This Weekend

  • When the Barefoot Contessa says to bake the cookies on parchment paper, you REALLY SHOULD bake the cookies on parchment paper.
  • Mangled coconut macaroons still taste awesome.
  • I am an excellent cook. Seriously.
  • I can still rally to leave the house after 10 pm on weekend night...but I will still be home in bed about 2 hours later.
  • I spend a lot of time with my own demographic. Go figure.
  • Free beer always tastes better.
  • It can snow in Seattle in April . What happened to global warming?

What I Learned on Monday After Reading My Weekend List:

  • I had a damn boring weekend.

7 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I really am not a fan of the Barefoot Contessa... she just reminds me every episode that she has an awesome house in the Hamptons and I don't. Grrrr.

Matt said...

likeable, intesting, hugs, congratulations

Anonymous said...

I agree with 5 of 9er's comments re: the Contessa. Her recipes always involve driving to a farm somewhere to purchase fresh eggs and duck breasts.

JulieGong said...

Awh come on the Barefoot Contessa is so fab. I love every second of her.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

If we drink too much Friday, I will have to crash at your place. Prepare the couch.

Unknown said...

You absolutely have to follow Ina's directions to the letter - yes, I'm on first person terms with BC after not quite having met her but having had an in depth conversation about her with the girl in Sur La Table who'd just hosted a book signing with her. Just so you all know, she doesn't fill up the freezer with yummy food for her husband when she travels but makes him eat Lean Cuisine instead.

Regardless, her recipes ROCK.

Cherry - if one of us doesn't end up passed out on a sofa somewhere this weekend (and we all know I've taken that honour before) then it just won't have been a very good weekend. Please don't let your Seattle fans down.

Anonymous said...

I'll try not to be too offended on behalf of those that you spent your weekend with that you were bored. ;)