14 April 2008

What I Learned This Weekend

  • It is possible to sit on the couch and play Packrat for 6 hours on a Friday night. I would think this made me a loser, but Cherry was blogging and reading blogs at 8 pm on Saturday night, so I don't feel so bad.
  • It is also possible to walk Green Lake twice in one day - especially when it's sunny out - which it rarely has been in Seattle. You've got to get your Vitamin D when you can.
  • Washing your car at one of those drive in bays, instead of going through the car wash, counts as a workout (Yes, I am super out of shape, thanks for asking). My car is real pretty when it's clean.
  • The kind of lame book, "The Memory Keepers Daughter" made for a kind of lame movie as well. Yes, it was on Oxygen but it had big stars so I gave it a shot. Meh.
  • From this point forward, I will always call a Subaru a Lesbaru. That is just too funny.
  • If I hit my scary age, Gancer is willing to donate DNA to father my children (and I think any other single female out there). I have not yet decided if this is good news or not but it's oddly reassuring.
  • Even 9er will eventually bend to the all mighty power of Facebook.
  • And finally, even when you are mutually agreed and there are no hard feelings and people are still friendly, it sucks being single again. The very idea makes me tired.

4 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Few things:
1) How I've missed the "What I learned this weekend" posts!
2) Don't drag me down into your loser Friday night activities. Its tough enough for me to admit I'm a loser on my own blog; I don't need anyone else confirming it n theirs!
3) Jeez - No offense to Dr. Ken (who we all love and admire), but I will put you out of your misery if you reach the point where you need him to surrogate father your child. I know htere is Baby Fever in Seattle, but you need to think rationally!
4) I'm trying to have fun being single, but mostly I'm just depressed. But what else is new!

ReckenRoll said...

Oh oh! We'd make bee-you-tee-ful babies Cherry!

My scary age is still about 5-6 years off so you are not on the hook just yet but I'll def keep you posted!

Unknown said...

Re Friday Night Activities: I guess the only thing that made it OK we were looking at the Pemco Insurance ads for Blue Tarp Guy and Green Lake Power Walking Woman on Saturday night was the fact we were a) with other people and b) had drunk sufficient wine to make it an acceptable conversation - right? :)

Alannah said...

Lesbaru! I love it!