01 April 2008

Call Me a Spoil Sport

But I seriously am not a fan of April Fool's Day.

For one thing, as a PR person in the tech industry, every year we have to deal with all kinds of bogus requests thanks to "funny" press releases...and until someone remembers the date, it can cause a lot of wasted time and effort trying to figure out what was going on. But the tech guys like to take it to new levels (see Google today). It's answering one bogus question after another all day, "No, no, it's really not true - just look at the calendar date."

For another, it's really a day about trying to make someone feel stupid. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THAT!! HAHAHAHA!"

That's just mean!

So, on that note, what's the best April Fool's you had today? :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely none. None were great. I agree with you completely. You must be your mother's daughter.

5 of 9er said...

April fools is funny... until you fall for something. George Plimpton's Sidd Finch is still my favorite by far.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Someone at work who is out on their maternity leave put on their personal blog that they were pregnant again. I didn't fall for it after the 2nd paragraph but I still thought it was well executed and totally believable