11 March 2008

Sore.

Whistler was awesome (as previously noted, it had no choice) but I am feeling the pain today, let me tell you. This old girl ain't what she used to be. When did I get so old?

I spent a gorgeous sunny Saturday desperately trying to keep up with my mom. She was on skis, I was on a snowboard and it was such a pain. SUCH a pain. She had to wait for me every time I got off the lift while I did up those STUPID bindings. I couldn't keep up with her on some of the steeper bumpier runs. When we hit a flat anything I was totally screwed and had to hop off the board and walk it/skate it (great way to suck the life right out of you by the way, struggling to walk in snow and carrying a board in full gear) and for some reason, everywhere we went there seemed to be flat cat tracks EVERYWHERE.

My legs were constantly on fire.
Ugh.

On Sunday, the weather wasn't as good but I was on skis and we (almost) conquered that mountain! Unfortunately I had totally burned my legs the first day on the snowboard so I wasn't in for as long of a day as I would have liked. My legs ached and ached and every turn/stop burned my quads. By the last run, I was taking breaks every minute or so to let my legs rest. Only by keeping my eyes on the lodge at the bottom was I able to make it.

So I have a new rule. Skis with skiers. Board with boarders. Oh, and hit the gym and work the legs before next time...but not until after they've had a few days off.

Sadcakes.

5 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Wait, are we supposed to be feeling sorry for you right now?

ReckenRoll said...

YES. I ACHE!

Anonymous said...

ahhh...now you know what i had to go through the 3 years you were in London and i was the only boarder with dave & group. how i've cursed those damn bindings. and skiers. I'm now of the same philosophy as you - ski or board? who cares? it's whistler!
-Kyrsa

5 of 9er said...

It's so hard having fun...

Anonymous said...

my mom's the best skier i've ever met. foolish choice the snowboard.
you only have yourself to blame- you grew up with her too.

-much love

-mike