17 March 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Last year at this time I was celebrating St Patrick's Day in Singapore with the Shaun and the Rob and calling The Cherryride from across the world to see what was up with the Green River. I went to look up the blog entry on this fabulous experience but there wasn't one.



I have no one to blame but myself.

So to recap for all of you this year: in true Irish style, we drank Guinness in an Irish pub while a local Singapore band played the English hits of the 80s and 90s; feasted on local street food in a hakka market; and then stumbled our way home in the humid 90 degree weather that is always present in Singapore, even at midnight.

You've never done a proper St. Patrick's Day until you've done it on the other side of the world. I challenge you to find a country in the world where there isn't an Irish pub. I think there may be more Irish pubs in Barcelona than there are tapas restaurants. If not, it's a close race. I mean, come on, EVERYONE loves Guinness.

Happy St Pat's Day Everyone!!

6 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I remember that call. Frankly, I'm surprised YOU remember that call!

Anonymous said...

Good times. This year the Rob and I celebrated in a more muted fashion, due to work pressures and we're saving ourselves for a visit from the Josh later this week.

Anyway, we got smashed and that's the main thing.

BTW, Love your Bostonian phonetic spelling of hawker centre!

elizabeth anne said...

will you tell me how to make the password thing, i cant figure it out!

5 of 9er said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5 of 9er said...

And everyone wears funny hats on St. Patty's Day all over the world? Crazy. What a small world.

(my deletion... bad typos)

Anonymous said...

It looks like we got there after the call to Cherry :-)