04 March 2008

Excuses Excuses

I gotta tell ya kids, the ReckenRoll is TIRED.

Dog tired.

And she's having a string of bad luck.

Bad luck + TIRED = Not so famous.

London last week was great. I was there for 10 days and was BUSY the whole time. And I don't mean busy in a social kind of way. I mean working 9-10 hours days everyday, with jet lag, for 8 of 10 days I was there. It was go go go the whole time...and while I was always go go go in London when I lived there, this trip seemed particularly frantic. I also jam packed my one weekend, because it was my one weekend, and while I LOVED seeing everyone and everything, it didn't make for a very relaxing time. That's why I didn't blog so much about the London...but I will.

Oh, and the toughest thing about trips that last from 7-10 days is that is right about the time that you start to get over your jet lag...and then you go home and reverse the process.

Got back on Wednesday and have been waking up at 5 am ever since (without an alarm clock). On Thursday morning the work I was doing in London carried over, (no rest for the wicked)except now when I got in to the office in the morning I was already 8 hours behind on email. I was putting out fires all over the place and the 9-10 hour days became 12 hours days.

But I was doing ok with it...until the weekend when:

  • The work that I was hoping would be finished during the week, made me work on the weekend. Like at 7 am on Saturday...but hey, I was already kind of awake anyway.
  • The sump pump at my house broke, meaning I can't use the toilet or shower. So even though I am home, I am not able to be at home and am staying at various friend's houses until it gets fixed today. My landlord offered a hotel but the very idea of being in another hotel makes me shudder.
  • A jar shattered when I opened it and sliced my thumb open pretty deep. Didn't get stitches, but they were seriously considered while it was bleeding all over.
  • My computer, which is my life at work, decided to fritz...a lot...when I needed it not to be on the fritz. I love Vista!
  • Completely sober, I spilled a full glass of red wine all over Suz's new expensive boots and coat right before she got on a red eye flight back to NYC. But hey, at least I didn't kill anybody! Right?
So hopefully today I get to sleep in my own bed again and hopefully soon I'll be back on the blogging bandwagon. I miss you guys! I really do...

5 comments:

5 of 9er said...

red wine boots... for that red eye flight. works for me! hang in there.

Unknown said...

Even though we didn't get hammered - it was a bit of a full on weekend :-) I had fun... so, red wine over my not so expensive boots was a small price to pay.

Say "hi" to the check out guy the next time you're there! :-)

Unknown said...

That Marmite is dangerous stuff! Luckily the other jar decided not to shatter when I opened it - so at least your injury was not sustained in vain... - right? :)

Bummer about that red wine wasted/spilled all over Suz's boots too :(

And since bad luck comes in threes and that's 5 separate incidents you've documented above, maybe means that the next time bad luck comes knocking you'll already be two down/only have one bad thing happen?

ReckenRoll said...

Marmite is EVIL Kate! It's evil!!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

your luck will improve. i got a good feeling.