20 December 2007

ReckenRoll Hitting the Road

Today is my last official day of work until 4 Feb 2008.

Let me repeat that. It's kinda a big deal. TODAY IS MY LAST OFFICIAL DAY AT WORK FOR THE NEXT SIX WEEKS.

After almost 8 years at my company, I am taking 6 weeks of sabbatical and holiday time. SIX WEEKS of no work responsibility. No meetings, no commute, no need to be awake before 9 am (unless my tour is leaving without me that is...)! I counted, the last time I went six weeks without any type of serious responsibility was the summer of my sophomore year of high school.

That would be 15 years ago.

After all the planning, the stress, the money, the anticipation...it's hard to believe it's actually here! Tomorrow I am off to Anchorage for the holidays and then on New Years Eve at 11.30 pm PDT, my plane takes off for Australia and I will greet the new year in mid-flight.

Yes, you should be jealous. I am jealous and I get to do it!

It's gonna be, in a word awesome.

I'll keep you all posted!!

3 comments:

TSTuesday said...

Yes, I am VERY jealous. Good for you for taking time off, after 15 years you deserve it!

Have fun!

carolyn says said...

i am super jealous but not too jealous to hope you have an awesome time. it sounds like bliss!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful wonderful trip! Keep us posted!