26 April 2007

Decision Time

This seems to keep happening to me.

Can any of you look back on your life and pick out those few defining moments where you chose one path over another? Those moments where if you went back and made another decision you would be in a totally different place right now? When you chose to break the rules. When you decided to follow your heart over your brain...or your brain over your heart. When you knew that by getting on that plane to London...

I think that most people only have one or two, maybe three of these moments in their life. I, however, seem to keep putting myself in a position to make these big choices. I'm staring down another one right now. And by "staring down" I mean I made the decision instantaneously and realize now what a big jump it is, even though I've been preparing myself mentally for months.

I've jumped over the cliff. The end is nigh.

Watch this space.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Details, please.
Your Own Personal Mom

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Oh my! Congrats and good luck. I can't wait to hear about it. I wish someone/something would force a big decision upon me instead of having to make one myself. ;-)

5 of 9er said...

I too have made that decision many many times. It's one reason I have lived in some many different places. I always feel I can go the new way and if I fail try the old way that was working. It keeps life exciting. My thought: your decision is not wrong, it is what was needed to happen in your life. :)

Eternally Recovering said...

Cliff jumping is good! I, like you, have done it more times than I can count! Makes this life we live just that little more interesting, albeit more challenging also!