08 January 2007

Friday's Top 5: New Year Resolutions

  1. Be more consistent on doing the Top 5 on Fridays
  2. Bring back a consistent "What I learned this Weekend" on Mondays.
  3. Check off my travel checklist before I move back to 'Merica (the countdown has begun but I don't want to tell any of you the return date cause CherryRide will yell at me).
  4. Go to the gym 3x a week. (I am not going to say, "Lose xx amount of weight" cause that always ends in disappointment but I figure I can commit to the gym 3x a week.)
  5. Talk to my family more often. (I have a new policy of calling my brother "just to check in" when I am walking somewhere in London and have nothing better to do than talk on the phone. We can go for weeks without talking and that makes me sad. This way it makes for shorter, more frequent, and more random convos and usually end in, "Well, I am where I needed to be now so have to go. Love you. Later!" He seems to like it so far. We'll see how long that lasts.)

Now everyone wish my mom a happy birthday, wouldya?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the gym thing, I highly recommend getting a trainer for the first 3-5 sessions. He/she will give you a good routine, teach you how to set reasonable goals, and give you a purpose for being at the gym. Plus, you'll have a set appointment and be able to get into a habit-forming groove of going.

Also, join a great gym. Don't skimp. You'll look forward to going much more than if you were in some dingy, gray basement with sweaty, hairy, grunting neanderthals everywhere.

5 of 9er said...

#1 & #2 are great goals! You make others happy by doing those. :)

5 of 9er said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Mom!

Anonymous said...

If you go to Suz and Jeffe's gay gym on Endell Street and they offer you a Brazilian personal trainer called Raoul - run.

Matt said...

Here here to "Things I learned..." it's always been one of my favorite features. Happy Birthday to your mom.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Happy birthday, mom! There, I talked to your family, so you can cross number 5 off your list.

chuckdaddy2000 said...

Great goal #5. I resisted getting a cell phone for years, and when I finally got one I suddenly realized I could make every single call I ever needed to make on my way home from work.

I've gone from giving cell-phone users dirty looks to gabbing as I merge onto the highway. I may be endangering more lives, but I talk to my parents way more...

ReckenRoll said...

Who knew that Fridays Top Five and the Weekend were of such popular interest.

And I made it to the gym THREE TIMES this week. Now I can bugger off and go to the pub for the rest of it.

Come Back Brighter said...

I am so stealing Friday Top 5 -- I would steal "What I learned this weekend" for Mondays, but it will have to share space with "Musical Monday"