18 January 2007

Busier Than a One Armed Paper Hanger...

My apologies, dear readers, but the next 2 weeks are sheer madness in terms of how busy I am at work and with travel so I won't have much time to update. For those who care:

  • Yesterday was Jess's last day in the office. I gave a speech...well, technically, I started to give a speech and then I started crying so Jeff had to read my speech for me. I would like to thank Jeff for being my rock.
  • I have a new flatmate for the next month. Last night she cooked me salmon and couscous for dinner. I think I am going to let her stay as long as she wants.
  • Tomorrow I am jetting off to Salzburg for some skiing in the Alps...where apparently there is no snow. We booked the "Sound of Music" room for our first night in town before we jet to the mountains. Yes, we paid extra for that.
  • When I get back from Austria mid-week I have just a few days before I leave to Edinburgh to work at an event for 4 days. I booked the holiday when I thought I wasn't going to be working at the event this year (silly me). Now my holiday is stressing me out. Oh, irony.

Be good to yourselves.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Always glad to be your rock Katie - and happy to go first again as well ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm. Is your new flatmate hot? Ask her if she can make duck confit cassoulet. If so, I'm on the next flight over.

5 of 9er said...

I love the term "flatmate." I always wanted to have a Flatmate. Especially one that likes to cook yummy food.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Damn, I am jealous of your life.

Anonymous said...

Who cares if there's no snow - you're staying in the Sound of Music room!!!

Come Back Brighter said...

There might be something wrong when holidays start to stress you out -- but I have a feeling it will all work out for you.

Loaf said...

New flatmate sounds ideal, send her my way when you're finished with her!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I agree with Matt. Send him the flatmate. Look at his picture. It looks as if he's looking her over, perhaps to see if his new flatmate is, in fact, flat.