23 August 2009

What I Learned Last Weekend (Alaska Edition)

  • I can run 3 miles!
  • Despite the rumors, Flatop, just outside Anchorage, is a #$&*% HARD HIKE pretty much straight up hill.
  • You can't hug a man in uniform when he's on duty...or maybe you can, but I wasn't allowed to.
  • Even after several years of not living in Alaska, seeing a baby moose while running doesn't turn me into a tourist. It makes me think, "run the other way and get the dog out of the situation."
  • That said, I still think baby moose are super cute.
  • Good friends is always good friends. Despite time, distance, and lack of regular communication.
  • It's called the "Winner Trail" not the "Winter Trail" - which somehow makes it less romantic.
  • A hand tram is pretty damn cool and not at all as scary as you might think
  • I know what absolute silence sounds like
  • Despite never seeing a bear in the wild, I still have a very healthy fear of encountering one
  • Sometimes, you SHOULD go to the right.

No comments: