19 February 2008

I Fear I am Starting To Bore You People

I mean seriously - I am just kicking along, living my famous lifestyle - but is it all that interesting? I think not. Am I becoming a bore?!?!

Couple of things I forgot about London bathrooms:
  • The Bathtub: What is the fascination with taking a bath in this country?. It's 2008. Who bathes anymore? When was the last time any of us took a bath? And why is the tub so skinny? Apparently the UK is the fattest country in Europe, yet there is no way any normal size human (let alone a fatty) would be able to bathe in that bath.
  • European Showers: Almost begrudgingly they give you a showerhead that only hangs about 1/2 way up the tub. And what's up with the half glass wall that is supposed to act as a shower curtain but doesn't really work? Water all over the floor!
  • European hotel hairdryers: So low powered they might as well just be a room fan that I point at my wet head. One of these days I am going to time the hairdryer vs. just letting it air dry. I am honestly not sure which one would win.
  • The light switch outside the bathroom: Apparently there is actually a law that says the light switches and power outlets must all be lovated outside the bathroom in the UK. This means some idiot at some point screwed it up for the rest of us and now I have to thank the lord there is a mirror outside the bathroom in order to dry my hair with the fan.

At least there isn't carpet in the bathroom...

5 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

You are not boring, sweetheart. We love you!

(I just barely have time to read you at the moment. But don't take it personally - I'm not reading anyone right now.)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I have been known to swap hotels rooms if there is no bath.

OMG, this is going to bug me. Most houses/ flats (I've lived in) in the UK have the light switch inside. But here in Singers, on the outside. However, I seem to remember that the bathroom light switches in majority of hotels I've stayed in Europe and Asia have been outside.

Re: hairdryers. Just why is it that many American women like to blow dry and spray their hair to within an inch of their lives?

5 of 9er said...

I think light switches outside the bathroom is a smart idea... but not the outlets.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the light switch at your Seattle flat...um, apartment, on the outside of the bathroom as well?

JulieGong said...

When I was in London 3 years ago or so it took my a good hour to find light switches and figure out how to even turn the lights on.