01 June 2007

Friday's Top Five: Things I Wish I Was Doing Instead of Being Stressed

It's one of those week's kids. I am off to BF (as it's become affectionately known...haven't added an "E" to the end yet) next week and this week is preparation hell.

Top 5 Things I Wish I Was Doing Instead of Being Stressed:
  1. Laying on a beach. Any beach...as long as it was clean, sunny, and not infested with jelly fish.
  2. Reading a book and sipping some coffee in the sun. After a week of pissing down rain, the sun finally came out today in jolly old England today. I am mid-book on 3 different books. Any of them would be good right now...even the crap one.
  3. Updating my blog, photos and music. I love new music. I love that spending 99 cents on one catchy song for my iPod can make me feel like a new person. It's instant therapy.
  4. Shopping for the hybrid I am going to buy when I move back to Seattle later this summer (thinking Escape but may go for Civica - thoughts blog readers?)
  5. And speaking of shopping, I'd like to be shopping full stop. I hate every piece of clothing I own. Every single one.

I am really looking forward to watching some Saturday Kitchen on BBC tomorrow morning. It's a small respite in an otherwise uptight week.

And with that, I sign off with a quote from my favourite English teacher ever: "Be good...and if you can't be good, don't get caught!"

7 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

You sound really bummed! I guess a week of rain can do that to you. As far as the car goes, I applaud your choice in buying a hybrid, although I don't know which one is better. Richard knows a lot about cars so maybe he'll chime in here with a suggestion.

What's with the doomy/gloomy Parliament photo? Surely you have nicer ones!

Matt said...

If I were to vote, I'd vote Escape! Looking forward to your visit...if I still make the list. The word verification word is "hedgy" that sounds like a British term...

ReckenRoll said...

Cherry - I changed it.
MK - you are always on my list.

JulieGong said...

Hope things get better and I'm with you about laying on a beach. It sounds so dreamy right about now!

Loaf said...

Tough week, and I think we'd all rather be any of those places at the moment, especially me, stuck in the office on a Saturday.

Have a great time in BF!

5 of 9er said...

All of those are much better than smoking crack... that just leads to more stress.

Alannah said...

I, too, love the .99 happiness that comes from an iTunes purchase. I just bought "Stars and Sons" by Broken Social Scene because I'd lost that CD. I highly recommend that happy song!