22 June 2007

Friday's Top Five: Ways to Tell You are in Alaska

Lots of ideas for posts in my head but none of them wanting to come out just yet so instead, I give you my top 5 ways I know I am in Alaska:
  1. Phone numbers only have 7 digits.
  2. Directions like this are common: Drive down to Cooper Landing (a 2 hour drive), turn left after Summit Lodge, go over the bridge, past the campground, you'll see a fake road, don't take that, keep driving to the real road, go past the broken tree...
  3. It's light out when you go to bed at 11.30 pm, it's light out when you wake up with jet lag at 5.30 am.
  4. You HAVE TO take your shoes off when you enter the house. Any house.
  5. My favorite restaurants are called: Moose's Tooth, Snow Goose and Glacier Brewhouse.

And with that, I have to go float the Kenai river and fish now. We're floating to avoid the crowds. As mom says, "The reds are running and they're combat fishing!"

3 comments:

Matt said...

reason 6: you spend several hours in a bar discussing your friends and referring to them by the titles of their blogs.

ReckenRoll said...

It's funny cause it's true. It's just easier that way MK!

5 of 9er said...

I learned something new today... actually five new things. :)