30 March 2007

Friday's Top Five: The Other Side of the World

Well, since apparently ONLY CHERRYRIDE MISSED ME (hrmph), there will be no full trip report today. Just the highlights. I give you Friday's Top Five.
  1. Singapore is a city, an island, and a country all rolled into one...and it reminded me of LA meeting London in an Asian climate. I ate at California Pizza Kitchen and drank Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf every day. The most Asian thing about Singapore was the heat.
  2. Perth and Western Australia were amazing. I spent a few days in Perth and then the rest of the time in Dunsborough (about 3 hours drive south). I loved everything. EVERYTHING. From fantastic seafood, to the fresh air, to wine country, to the pristine beaches, to chasing dolphins, to the friendly people, to the birds called Shags, to the muscle cars (which made me laugh), to bartenders that try to make a martini with cointreau. *sigh* I loved Australia.
  3. Aussie men are hot. Seriously. Hot.
  4. There is nothing to do in Perth on a Wednesday night except hang out with a rock band from LA. (I am soooo famous).
  5. An American accent can be an asset. Especially in Oz.

Happy Friday all!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aussie women are hotter. Seriously. HOTTER.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Mars Volta? Wow - you really are a rock star!

But you should have made it to the other side - Victoria and NSW. That is where the real action is.

Glad to have you back and STILL looking forward to a more juicy recap...

Loaf said...

You were missed! Sorry, just playing catch up at the moment.

I'm with Prashant; Australian women are indeed hot! :)

I'm dying to know what a muscle car is? Do you have pictures?

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

you must give us more details on the Mars Volta story!!

Matt said...

Welcome back, K-Rex.

ReckenRoll said...

ok - funny thing is that I had never heard of Mars Volta. I was being funny and thinking none of you had either. Little did I know!

5 of 9er said...

Perth is the part of Oz I was to see to most. Maybe it's because I have good family friends who live there... but I am not looking to a flight that long.