12 March 2007

Don't y'all know y'all can't hold me down

Back in London for a minute (3 days exactly) before I fly away to Singapore and Perth, Australia. As I struggle with jet lag today, I have applied for my electronic visa thingie for Australia, got my books on Singapore and Australia here at my desk, and am looking forward to the 12+ hour flight (not).


I don't even begin to know how to recover from that kind of flight + time change. It's not the most anticipated part of the trip. I think spending St Patrick's day in an Irish pub in Singapore might be!


Weather today in Singapore: 82F/28C and mostly cloudy. I can live with that.
Weather today in Perth: 75F/24C and fair. I can also live with that.


What I can't live with is the discussion of beach time in Perth and the thought I may have to put on a bikini in March. Even though I knew it was coming, I am just not prepared. Maybe I can find a hidden cove somewhere...or will I get eaten by a croc if I do that?

3 comments:

Matt said...

That's the ReckenRoll Lifestyle!

Anonymous said...

OK - so there are no crocodiles in Perth or the South West coast where you'll be. It's the sharks you need to worry about - you know they can smell a tourist from a mile away ;)

Secondly - the tankini was invented for just the very reason of finding yourself in the unwelcome dilemma of NEEDING to wear a swimsuit in March.

Thirdly - don't focus on the over long flying time (though really, 12 hours to Singapore is the perfect amount of time for a couple of airline mini bottles of wine, 1-2 bad films and 6 hours sleep - TRUST ME!), it's just the time zone difference you need to deal with. London to Singapore/Perth is 8/9 hours difference pretty well just like Seattle to London is - so you deal in just the same way.

ENJOY!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Jealouscakes. VERY jealouscakes.