14 October 2008

Conversations with Mom

ReckenRoll: See, there's the airport exit. I TOLD you we didn't need to leave 45 minutes early to get to the airport.

Mom: Now, you leave your cell phone on in case there are any problems with my flight. I am going to call you.

ReckenRoll: Mom, I never turn my cell phone off. Only old people do that.

Mom: Never?

ReckenRoll: No, never. I may miss a call cause I am not near it but it's never off.

Mom: Really?

ReckenRoll: Yes. Really. You don't need to turn it off.

Mom: But how do you charge it?

ReckenRoll: Um, I plug it in?

Mom: It will charge if you leave it on?

-End Scene-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be a little uniformed, but I'm not THAT old. And btw, my cell phone is off. It's having a little nap.

5 of 9er said...

Awesome post! Our mom are on the same side of this conversation.

My father-in-law still uses a page, even though I told him a cell phone can be your pager... just look at the number and don't answer your phone. He doesn't believe me.

Le Meems said...

OMG! Facking hilarious :)