03 July 2008

The Reason I Love Paris...

...is because it's Paris. Cherry, Titus, you were totally right. What the hell was wrong with me? It's PARIS.

Today we got out of the hotel to the opening event ceremonies at the Hotel de Ville (city hall) and as we drove past the Tour de Eiffel and le Louvre and the shops de Tabac, Le Poste, the Seine, I remembered how much j'adore Paris.

Regardless of the fact that I spend most of time in the staff work room and the hotel conference center...the traffic and honking cars. The history. The tourists. The locals. The variable weather. It's Paris. It's awesome.

And I forgot that Paris looks so...Parisian. I know it's a lame statement, but it's true. The level architecture with cream colored buildings, the iron wrought window patios, the shops along the street. The people walking everywhere. Napoleon would be proud. His boulevards are very much in tact and his city remains as vibrant as it ever was.

I ate carpaccio and frites for dinner and drank vin rouge de Cote de Rhone. My salade vert avec fromage from the non-descript bistro was super yum. In fact, I am already looking forward to tomorrow's dinner...but for now, it's off to bed.

Vive la Paris!

5 comments:

Jake Titus said...

I backpacked around Europe in my twenties. In spite of the 50# backpack and the torrential rain in Paris, I remember how beautiful it was. Did I mention how jealous I am?

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Glad you are enjoying it.

Hamburg for NYE. It's in your inbox. Discuss.

carolyn says said...

oh paris, i want to go back right now

Unknown said...

Carpaccio? Somehow I love sushi but shy away from the raw beef. Way to be cosmopolitan. :-)

5 of 9er said...

#1 on LP's list of places to go. You should come out and baby sit the little Niner next year with Aunt Cherry so we can go to Paris!