21 July 2008

Been Around the World and I-yi-yi-yi

Yes my people, I am back from my whirlwind word tour. As much as I would love to just leave my lovely Parisian dinner as the top entry, I realize that fresh content makes the world go around...so I am back, blogging my life away.

A few things I learned:
  • Paris is a good time even when you work an 80 hour work week (including the 4th o' July, Saturday and Sunday).
  • Fois Gras makes everything better...and wine makes everything better than fois gras.
  • Flying 12 hours with a hangover is the single best and worst way to travel. The whole "I can't sleep on a plane" issue really becomes a non-issue. However, the whole "need to stand in a 45 minute line to get through passport control" issue really is much more difficult than you could have ever previously imagined.
  • The Foo Fighters ROCK...I mean serioulsy. They rock.
  • Even if it's sunny and warm in Paris and Seattle it can still be mind numbingly cold in Anchorage. Always bring a sweatshirt and coat. Even in JULY. You will need it.
  • Driving an F-150 kinda suits me. Srsly. You really can't take the Alaska out of the girl.
  • A day trip to Homer, Alaska is not all it's cracked up to be
  • Baby moose and bald eagles are all they're cracked up to be.
  • I have a deep seated fear of pretty much everyone shopping at the Safeway in Homer.
  • Freaks and Geeks does live up to the hype. I am now joining the ranks of those who are very sad there were only 18 episodes. Pure television awesomeness.

That is all.

3 comments:

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

The episode where Sam comes into school in the Saturday Night Fever suit is classic!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I'm coming to visit. Be prepared.

Jake Titus said...

Welcome back. Hopefully soon I will return to my traveling ways and can in turn make you jealous.