01 April 2010

We’re never gonna beat this if belief is what we're fighting for

Oh John.

John. John. John.

FINALLY saw John Mayer in concert last night at Key Arena. I say FINALLY, because of all the music I have seen in the last few years - in London and in the USA - John was always the concert that I could never catch. From his first album to his last celebutante girlfriend, I wanted to see if the live performance was a good as the live albums lead me to believe they would be.

(Yes, I own his live albums. Me. Investing in a live album! For the record - I generally find compilations and live albums to be a waste of time. I already bought that song, why would I REBUY it, just to have it grouped with a bunch of other songs I already own? And live? Please. Unless you are Tom Petty, you probably sound better in the studio, so let's just keep you there ok buddy?)

But I digress.

Turns out, he is awesome in concert! That white boy can play a mean guitar and he surrounds himself with amazing musicians. Didn't phone it in. Not one single second. Great seats were had, great songs were listened to. He even mixed in a little MJ and Fleetwood Mac much to our surprise and delight. I turn a blind eye to his personal life, but the words. The words!

The words get me everytime.

Oh, and dudes with arm sleeve tattoos = HOT.

Thanks for a great night John. Let's do it again sometime.

1 comment:

Your Own Personal Mom said...

I do so enjoy your posts. Welcome back! I've missed you.