02 April 2010

Is it five o'clock yet?

Today is a funk filled day.
One of those days where you wake up and you're just generally disappointed in the state of your world. Can't pinpoint any single cause or reason - nothing set it off - but something is just not right and it feels not right in every aspect of everything.

Sigh. That ever happen to you?

Being an optimist most of the time, days like today really throw me. The "oh poor me" moment is not one I am generally familiar with and when it full on assaults me like this, I tend to have one of two reactions:
  1. Hole up in my house in yoga pants and not come out until the sun shines again.
  2. Go out and drown my sorrows with a good friend.

Today, I am choosing option #2.

Funk, I will conquer you. I shall drown you in good cheer and a decidedly pointed decision to shake you off and turn the frown upside down. It's all about attitude right?

If I repeat it enough, I'll believe it...and if that don't work, well martinis help.

The weekend cometh. Good friends await!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this was a prevailing feeling today. I'm optimistic your solution will work :)