26 January 2008

Mama I'm Coming Home...

My tour bus just dropped me off here in Airlie Beach and I was actually really sad to see them go...some really great people on that bus and some very happy memories. I hope they continue to have fun without me (although, let's be honest, is that really possible?).

All that's left now is to make my way (solo) back to Melbourne for my flight to the USA on Tuesday. I will be happy to have some time to reflect on everything I have seen and done and although I am sure the low is going to come soon I am in a pretty happy place right now. I am older, wiser, tanner, and back to using the majority of my English vocab (which will of course quickly go away again once I hit American soil).

They all kept asking me if I was sad to be leaving, which I felt bad saying "no" to so I said "yes" but really, it's all one big adventure at the end of the day and I never feel sad about finding out what happens next. You keep in touch with the ones that made the real connections and you fondly remember the others that made asses out of themselves while you laughed on your bar stool.

It's all about the great circle of life kids.

Wonder what movies I'll watch on the plane?

*sigh*

Missing you already Oz...missing you already.

6 comments:

krecken said...

You do sound wiser. Sadder, but wiser. I'm sorry for you that the trip is at an end, but happy you'll be winging your way home soon. And you're right, life isn't about the the destination, it's all about the journey.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Wow, what perspective. If you are happy then I am happy for you!

(Although if it were me, I'd be weeping at the idea of having to come back.)

Unknown said...

Just so you know - forecast is snow and rain (i.e. read mush and ridiculous road chaos) in Seattle when you get back. Still feeling chirpy and upbeat about the whole thing????

And yes, I'll admit I'm just being mean and bitter as I had to start this week at work in the cold with stupid deadlines, and didn't get to start my week in a state of zenned out balmy relaxed bliss on Airlie Beach - sadcakes...

Loaf said...

Only the end of one adventure, though stories of warm beaches have kept me going through a cold January in the UK.

Look forward to seeing all the pics when they go up!

TSTuesday said...

Great way to look at things. And such a life experience!

Have a safe flight!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

If you come back to Chicago, I promise I'll make better conversation. The Liar's Club does bad, bad things to me, as you saw.