13 January 2008

Australia is crying today.

Well, we knew it was coming, even though we both tried to ignore it and deny it...but in the end, it was inevitable.

Kjersti left me today to fly back to 'Merica.

Come on, say it with me kids:


SADCAKES.

It's like my left arm was cut off.
(I always walked on the curbside)

I spent all day aimlessly wandering the city and never really managed to do anything except disciver an extensive network of indoor malls. Apparently in Sydney they love the indoor shopping. It's kinda ridiculous. I think you may be able to traverse all of the CBD without ever setting foot outside.

I thought about going to the zoo and the beach but it was raining. It's been raining since yesterday afternoon.

In fact, it's been raining since Kjersti and I toasted our glasses at Manly yesterday to cheers her last full day in Oz.


That's right kids, Australia is crying today.


(I haven't told the koalas yet...shhh.)
Tomorrow, I have one full day in Sydney on my own (maybe the zoo? maybe the beach?) and then bright and early Wednesday morning I join my 12 day tour that will take me north along the East Coast, through Surfer's Paradise, Brisbane, and up to the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsunday Islands.


Pray that I am not the oldest one, ok? I don't know if I can handle 12 days of 21 year olds looking for a party...then again, maybe that's exactly the kind of spice this blog needs??

4 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I hope it's nothing but young-ins wanting to get trashed and laid. It would make for a very excellent read... and it would make you laugh, not sniffle.

Loaf said...

Yes!! We want tales of drunken partying and debauchery!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't it be Kjoala bear?

ReckenRoll said...

9er and Loaf - I am gathering my stories. Trust me, they're coming. Wet t-shirt contests and all.

Shaun - excellent point. It shall be Kjoala bear from now on!