04 May 2010

Simple Pleasures

I've noticed lately that there are some little things that happen in my day to day life that bring me ridiculous amounts of pleasure.
  • Cream in my coffee. Life is short. A dash of cream in my morning coffee won't kill me or make me fatter and quite frankly, I'm nicer afterward. If you're into cream, go for it and don't feel a lick of guilt
  • Race Car morning commute. There is a point in my commute, every morning, where 520 opens up to 4 lanes and you temporarily have the opportunity to drive like a race car driver. VROOM! I do this everyday. It makes me exceedingly happy for exactly 45 seconds.
  • Speaking of driving, I feel pretty awesome when I can change lanes on the freeway and not hit any of those bumpy things.
  • Big words in daily conversation. Nebulous. Fiduciary. Pedestrian (not the noun, the adjective).
  • People who know the difference between the noun and the adjective of the same word.
  • A snuggle for the cat in the morning and a belly rub for the dog at night. I don't make these rules, I just play along with their demands.
  • Quoting a random movie and having someone else get it right away. It's like a joke told well.
  • A perfectly made Belvedere martini
  • Bad ass sunglasses. *Almost* makes you feel cooler than your favorite heels...almost.

And finally, being told "I read your blog. You should blog more."

In a word, "AWESOME." In more than one word, "a shameless plug for comments"

2 comments:

Goonder said...

You forgot one very important thing. "Diet Coke"

That is all.

Blog more.

Your Own Personal Mom said...

What can I say? Cream in your coffee and blog more. Awesome!