19 November 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

We are at T-9 days and counting. Training can't help you now. The best you can do is hope to maintain whatever fitness level you've achieved in the last 3 months.

For those keeping track, I've lost 4 whole pounds.

Training has become more and more challenging as of late. We've had 4 winter storms in the last 2 weeks here in western washington. It's cold. It's raining. It's windy. It's dark at 4:30.

Needless to say, it's not at all conducive to helping motivate someone to 'Get out there!'

This weekend, my last long run will take place in NYC. I have my route all mapped out from my hotel through Central Park and back again. Grand total: 9 miles. Despite my best efforts to convince her otherwise, I think my mom may be planning to hire a bodyguard to run with me.
I think I am in more danger from encountering a moose on my run in Alaska than on a trek through Central Park, in the middle of the day, on a highly populated running trail?

But I digress, it's the LAST CHANCE WORKOUT before the big race. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.